Recipe: Pasta with Hearty Mushroom Sauce
What You'll Need:
1 12-oz package noodles
2 large portobello mushrooms, cut into strips
4 white button mushrooms, chopped
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 tablespoons butter
½ cup vegetable stock
½ teaspoon ground oregano
½ teaspoon ground basil
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
What to Do:
- Prepare the noodles according to package instructions.
- While the noodles boil, heat a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add the butter, mushrooms, red pepper, onions, and garlic. Saute until tender.
- Add the vegetable stock and let boil for a few minutes.
- Add the oregano and basil and stir to combine. Turn down the heat slightly, and let simmer until the sauce begins to thinken, about 5 minutes.
- Once the noodles are cooked, drain and rinse them.
- Lay the noodles on a serving platter and top with the mushroom sauce.
- Toss, garnish as you like, and enjoy!
What's your favorite way to prepare pasta? Share with us in the comments below!