Need a brunch that will impress or a quick, hassle-free dinner? Try these stuffed bacon and egg tomato cups. While they may look fancy (things stuffed in other things tend to have that effect), they are deceptively easy, requiring only a handful of cheap, staple household ingredients and 10 minutes of prep time. The oven does all the work—all you need is 30 minutes of patience and something to dip into your perfectly set runny egg.
- 4 large tomatoes, tops and cores removed
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 eggs
- Preheat broiler to low.
- Place tomato cups in a pan. Drizzle with oil and cover evenly with garlic and rosemary, salt, and pepper to taste. Broil for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry bacon in a pan.
- When tomatoes are done, remove from broiler and turn over to 400 degrees. Crack eggs into tomato cups. Bake 20 minutes, or until eggs are set.
- Crumble bacon over tops of tomatoes. Garnish with extra rosemary, if desired.
Recipe created exclusively for Greatist by Paleo Hacks.