Grilled dinners can be cooked in just a few minutes, which is super convenient on weekday evenings when you don’t have the time or energy to put together a more high-maintenance meal. This salmon requires only six ingredients and can be made in less than 30 minutes. If you want a stronger maple flavor, leave the fillets in the marinade for a longer amount of time.
- 3 tablespoons dark balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 fillets (about 5 ounces each) salmon, with skin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt
- Combine balsamic vinegar and maple syrup in a resealable gallon plastic bag. Add salmon, seal bag, gently smoosh around to cover fish with liquid, and marinate for about 10 minutes (or longer, if you have time).
- Lightly oil grill, then preheat to medium-high.
- Transfer salmon to a plate, reserving marinade. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, and place skin side up on grill. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until nice grill marks appear.
- Flip salmon and continue cooking for another 6 minutes (you may need to grill for longer if you have thicker fillets), basting occasionally with marinade.