Now that it’s August, I’m sure your grill has been getting plenty of use (mine sure has!). One of my favorite things about grilled dinners is that they can be cooked in just a few minutes, which is super convenient on weekday evenings when you don’t have the time or energy to put together a more high-maintenance meal. This Maple-Glazed Grilled Salmon requires only five ingredients and can be made in less than 30 minutes. If you want a stronger maple flavor, feel free to leave the fillets in the marinade for a longer amount of time.
Recipe: Maple Glazed Grilled Salmon
What You’ll Need:
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
3 tablespoons dark balsamic vinegar
2 raw salmon fillets, about 5oz each (Tip: Get skin-on fillets — they should hold up better on the grill)
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
What to Do:
- Combine the balsamic vinegar and maple syrup in a resealable 1-gallon plastic bag.
- Add the salmon fillets in the bag, seal it, smoosh around (gently!) to cover fish with liquid, and allow them to marinate for about 10 minutes (or longer, if you have time) while you prepare the grill.
- Lightly oil the grill, then preheat to medium-high.
- Transfer the salmon fillets from the bag to a plate, reserving the marinade. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper and place them skin-side up on the grill. Cook for two to three minutes, or until nice grill marks appear.
- Flip each fillet — now, they should be skin side down — and continue cooking for another six minutes. (I've found that this is the perfect time for fillets about one inch thick, but you may need to grill for longer if you have thicker pieces.)
- Baste occasionally with the maple-balsamic marinade after flipping.
- Remove from grill, and serve with brown rice or quinoa, a side salad, or steamed veggies if desired.
Looking for more ways to spice up your salmon? Check these out:
What's your favorite way to prepare salmon? Share with us in the comments below!