We can all agree that Chipotle burrito bowls are downright delicious. But what's even better (and healthier for your waistline and wallet) is making them at home. These burrito bowls are a great way to use up leftover chicken. Use brown rice instead of white, or try using quinoa or barley as the base of your meal. Lighten up your bowl by forgoing the cheese and swapping sour cream for a dollop of Greek yogurt.
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups shredded chicken (about 2 medium chicken breasts, approximately 1 pound)
- 2 avocados, lightly mashed
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Stir lime juice and cilantro into rice.
- Divide rice between four shallow bowls and top with black beans. Next, pile high with chicken. Add avocado and top with salsa and Greek yogurt. Garnish with any additional toppings you desire.