Just because the word "cream" is in a recipe's name doesn't mean it can't be made vegan. This creamed corn recipe is warm, comforting, and filling. The spices do a great job of keeping out any overwhelming coconut taste from the milk at bay; instead, you get the creaminess and a balance of flavors. You're in good company if you find yourself licking the bowl afterward.
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 can (15 ounces) coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallions
- Combine corn and coconut milk in a saucepan over medium heat, and bring to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until coconut milk has evaporated a bit and thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Once the mixture has reached the desired consistency, mix in parsley, red pepper flakes, and scallions.