Coconut macaroons are the perfect-sized snack to carry around and, if you use the right ingredients, an easy way to get your sweet fix without overindulging. This recipe uses coconut in two unadulterated states—as both a butter and flakes—making it the main attraction and keeping the sweetness in check.
- 1/3 cup coconut butter (sometimes called coconut cream concentrate)
- 1 1/2 cups dried, sugar-free coconut flakes
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dash sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt coconut butter.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until evenly combined. The result will be mealy but able to stick together.
- Form tablespoon-sized macaroons without packing them too hard.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until outsides have browned slightly.