Stir-fry dishes are an extremely flavorful and easy way to get your vegetable fix. The chili paste and soy sauce in this recipe add a ton of flavor. The ginger also adds a bit of zest to round off each bite. Enjoy!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup crimini mushrooms
- 2 bell peppers (I used one red, one green)
- 2 scallions, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 handful green beans
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2-inch piece of fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 2 tablespoons sugar (I used coconut palm sugar) (optional)
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
What to Do:
- Prep all of your veggies: Finely dice the ginger, wash and halve the mushrooms, stem and seed the bell peppers, and trim the green beans and chop into thirds. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the chili paste, sugar, and soy sauce. Set aside.
- Into a wok over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add ginger and let cook for one minute.
- Add the mushrooms, bell pepper, scallions, broccoli, and green beans. Put a lid on the wok and let cook for 4 to 5 minutes before tossing.
- Continue to cook and toss without a lid for another 2 minutes.
- Add the liquid mixture and toss again. Cook for another 3 minutes until the liquid has cooked off and the vegetables are tender.
- Serve and enjoy!