Salmon makes for a delicious, heart-healthy meal. But to prevent it from getting boring, try using a few new flavors and textures. This recipe for bok choy and salmon does just that. You get your greens, your protein, and a ton of flavor. Enjoy!
What You'll Need:
- 1 large bok choy, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion
- 1/4 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 6- to 8-ounce salmon cuts, without skin
- 2 tablesoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brush both sides of the salmon with olive oil and place in a saucepan over medium-high heat, skin side down.
- Brush the top side with teriyaki sauce and season with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Place the skillet in the oven for 15 minutes, or until fish is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, steam or boil the bok choy until tender — about eight to 10 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add butter and melt.
- Once the butter is melted, add onion to the pan and cook until translucent, about five mintues.
- When the onion becomes slightly transparent, add the bok choy and veggie stock. Cook until soft.
- Add the green peas, salt, pepper, and thyme. Saute until the stock has mostly evaporated, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the salmon from the oven and cover the skillet with aluminum foil. Set aside for five minutes before serving. This allows the juices to relax and distribute throughout the salmon.
- Divide the bok choy between two plates and place the salmon atop the bok choy. Serve and enjoy!