As far as sangria goes, it can't get easier than this. Chop some fruit, add some flavorings, pour some wine, and enjoy! But this recipe's not just good for indulging—it has some health benefits too. Drinking red wine in moderation (one drink per day for women, two for men) may help protect the heart and control cholesterol levels. Plus both the wine and fruits in this recipe are packed with antioxidants, which help protect against free radical damage. Cheers!
- 2 small apples (1 red, 1 green), chopped
- 1/2 cup apple vodka or apple brandy (optional)
- 2 pears, chopped
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1 pomegranate, seeded
- 1-inch chunk ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 bottles red wine (cabernet or red zinfandel work well)
- 2 cups ginger ale
- If using apple vodka or brandy, soak apple in vodka or brandy for up to a few hours for an extra-boozy treat.
- Combine apple, pear, and cranberries in a pitcher or bowl, and stir to combine. Add pomegrante seeds, ginger, and cinnamon. Add wine, and stir to combine. If you have time, let sit for 2 to 3 hours.
- Just before serving, add ginger ale and stir gently to distribute. To serve, scoop out some fruit into each cup before filling.