Do you eat breakfast? I hope so. But, if not, this healthy recipe will make you change that habit for 2013. Breakfast has always been my favorite meal of the day. It feels great to get something healthy and delicious in my body right after I wake up, and I often think it sets the tone of the rest of my day. This naturally sweetened granola, loaded with crunchy nuts and seeds and big coconut flakes, will certainly get our day started on the right foot. Add a few spoonfuls to your yogurt, use it to top off your oatmeal or just eat it plain.
- 3 cups whole rolled oats
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup raw sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
What to Do:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine oats, chia seeds, almonds, sunflower seeds, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together coconut oil, maple syrup, and honey.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and mix well so the oat mixture is fully coated.
- Spread mixture in an even, single layer on the prepared baking sheet. (Work in batches or on multiple sheets if necessary!)
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- After removing the granola from the oven, stir in the coconut flakes.
- Store in an air tight container, and enjoy!
What's your favorite breakfast to start the morning with? Share with us in the comments below!