This cookie recipe is packed with antioxidants, fiber, protein, and healthy fats to boot. Because yes, cookies can totally be healthy—and incredibly easy to make. Though protein powder is most commonly found in smoothies and post-workout shakes, it also has a wide variety of uses that extend far beyond the blender. And there are several powders to experiment with, from whey to plant-based options like pea.
- 1/4 cup pea protein powder (unflavored or vanilla)
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 2 squares (20 grams) dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together except dark chocolate.
- Add dark chocolate. Taste dough for sweetness. Add more sugar if necessary.
- Roll dough into small balls and flatten with fingers or a spoon onto a cookie cookie tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from the oven and let cool completely. (Cookies will be pretty crumbly at first, so it's important to let them rest and stiffen.)