Got a big day in front of you? This quick and easy breakfast will keep you energized all morning, and it only takes 10 minutes to prepare. You can even make the polenta the night before and reheat it in the morning if you're really not a morning person. Fruit and yogurt make a great topping, but if you're feeling more savory, try grating in some sharp cheese and top with a fried egg instead. Recipe adapted from Ancient Grains for Modern Meals.
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup instant or quick-cooking polenta
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup raspberries (or other berries)
- Bring water, milk, and salt to a gentle boil over medium heat in a large saucepan. Pour in polenta in a thin stream, continuously whisking. Decrease heat to maintain a gentle simmer and whisk polenta until it thickens, 2 to 5 minutes. Turn off heat, cover, and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Mix together yogurt and honey.
- Spoon hot polenta into a bowl and top with yogurt and raspberries.