These bars are made up of nourishing ingredients like magnesium-packed pumpkin seeds; fiber-rich, heart-healthy almonds; and berries, which contain disease-fighting antioxidants that help fend off viruses. Perfectly portable, they're a sweet, nutty treat to boost energy in the morning or afternoon.
- 1 cup packed pitted dates
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup pepitas, plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup almonds, plus more for topping
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dried berries (gojis, cranberries, mulberries, or any dried fruit of choice), plus more for topping
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a shallow 9-inch square cake pan and line with parchment paper so the paper extends over the sides by about 2 inches.
- Place all ingredients in a food processer and pulse until combined with a coarse, doughy texture. Press mixture firmly into the prepared pan, sprinkle with any extra nuts, seeds, or berries, and press toppings down firmly into mixture.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until browned lightly. Allow to cool in the pan before cutting into bars.