Raise your quinoa game a notch with this inventive, easy recipe from the chefs at Sonima.com. The seed is combined with onion, spinach, paprika, and butternut squash, and then formed into patties. Toast in the oven for a few minutes and then serve with your favorite salad fixings. Click here to watch a video demonstration of how to prepare this recipe.
- Olive oil
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 2 cups quinoa
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 2 cups butternut squash, cut into small cubes and roasted
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot
- 4 handfuls arugula
- 3 tomatoes, quartered and roasted
- 1 cup shaved Parmesan
- Balsamic vinegar
- In a medium pot over medium heat, heat a splash of olive oil. Add onion and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add quinoa, paprika, and spinach. Stir, then add 3 cups water and bring to a boil. Once water is boiling, reduce heat to low and cover. Cook until all water is absorbed, about 12 minutes.
- When quinoa has cooled, add squash, salt and pepper to taste, and arrowroot. Stir with a fork, then divide and form into four large cakes. Place cakes on a baking tray and roast for about four minutes at 500 degrees.
- Plate cakes and top with arugula, roasted tomatoes, and Parmesan. Drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar.