Delicious as classics like blueberry and banana pancakes are, it’s always fun to mix things up. Using a base of almond flour and egg, this recipe is quite the gluten-free breakfast treat. With coconut and chocolate mixed in, it honestly takes like a candy bar. What better way to start the day?
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- Pinch salt
- Splash vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 square dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- Coconut oil, for cooking
- Combine all ingredients except oil in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and grease with coconut oil.
- Pour batter into skillet to make three equal-sized pancakes. When bottom is lightly browned and bubbles rise in batter, flip pancakes. Continue cooking until cooked through.