Are you passionate about pancakes? Well, so am I. And as delicious as classics like blueberry and banana pancakes are, it’s always fun to mix things up. Especially when you stumble on an awesome recipe by accident—which is exactly what happened to me.
One morning, while perusing my cabinets to find something special to prepare for breakfast, I realized I had the perfect ingredients to make a spin on a candy bar favorite: Almond Joys! Using a base of almond flour and egg, this recipe is quite the gluten-free breakfast treat. To this day, I still haven’t had a better pancake!
What You’ll Need:
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- A pinch of salt
- A splash of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 square dark chocolate (I used Lindt 99%*)
*Note: If you use chocolate as bitter as 99%, add a pinch of coconut sugar.
What to Do:
- Break chocolate into small pieces. Tip: Used a zester to make it super fine!
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well
- Heat skillet on medium high and grease with coconut oil
- Pour batter in skillet to make three equal-sized pancakes
- Flip each pancake when the bottom is lightly browned or when bubbles rise in the batter. Cook thoroughly
- Remove pancakes from the skillet and top with butter before serving
Love breakfast? Try these awesome recipes: