If you didn’t already know we’re obsessed with avocados, you haven’t been reading closely. Getting tired of your usual schmear and run? Shake things up with the options below.
Avocado Toast, 3 Ways
Recipes by: Rebecca Firkser
Makes: 3 toasts
Ready in: 5 minutes (per toast)
3 mini mozzarella balls, chopped
5 cherry tomatoes, chopped
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
Pinch red pepper flakes
1 slice multigrain bread
1 garlic clove
1. Chop avocado, mozzarella, and tomatoes and place in a bowl. Add basil, vinegar, salt, and both peppers.
2. Toast bread. Slice garlic clove in half and rub onto the toast.
3. Pour avocado salad onto the toast. Drizzle with olive oil.
1 tablespoon Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon diced red onion
Salt and pepper
1 slice rye bread
1 slice smoked salmon or lox
A pinch dried or fresh dill
1. Mash avocado, then mix with yogurt, onion, salt, and pepper.
2. Toast bread.
3. Spread avocado mixture over the toast.
4. Place smoked salmon over the avocado and sprinkle with dill.
Bacon and Egg Toast
1 slice sourdough bread
2 pieces cooked turkey bacon, chopped
Salt and pepper
1. Crack egg into a small bowl and heat a nonstick pan over medium. (If you don’t have a nonstick pan, grease with a bit of olive oil).
2. Pour egg into the pan and cook for about 2 minutes, then flip. Cook for another 30 seconds, or until the yolk is cooked to your liking.
3. While egg is cooking, toast bread.
4. Slice avocado and spread onto toast.
5. Sprinkle bacon over the avocado, then place egg over bacon.