We're growing fast and looking for all-stars. We care passionately about our team & company culture— and pride ourselves on our upbeat, positive, inspiring attitude + I-can-do-anything-good, ain't-no-way-they-can-stop-us-now, crush-it spirit. Above all, we want someone amazing who believes in what we're doing (disrupting the health & fitness content world through high-quality, relatable, & entertaining content) & the difference we're making (inspiring the world to make one healthier choice per week), but wants to share that vision and then transform it, taking it to the next level. That and someone who will laugh at this (eventually). Wants to eat this. And wants to try this. Sound like you? Then put your thing down, flip it, and reverse it — and check out the open positions below. Most are full-time and based in NYC (the biiig apple) w/ a one-month (paid) trial period. Come change the health & fitness world with us.
OUR CORE VALUES
- Obsess over quality. Greatist is different: We believe people deserve a brand and a business that’s truly on their side. And we know the only way to achieve this is by never compromising the quality of our content, products, message, and anything we put our name on. We don’t compromise those standards — the world deserves better.
- Expect greatness. At Greatist, we expect greatness from each other. We recognize the only way an organization can grow and improve is through creativity, dedication, innovation, and hard work. Our motto: Just F***ing Do It. We push ourselves to be the best and we motivate others to do the same.
- Trust each other. At Greatist, we’re all on the same team. That’s why we’re transparent, open, and honest about everything we do. We over-communicate and always give each other the benefit of the doubt. We’re all learning, and we're all pushing toward the same ultimate goal: making better choices easier for everyone.
- Laugh a lot. Greatist is fun. We value being goofy, spontaneous, and silly. Sometimes we sing aloud. Sometimes in foreign accents. If you’re here, you’re still a kid at heart and believe nothing is crazy: If we want to make an impact on the world, we can.
- Be a greatist. We live the life we champion, because Greatist isn’t just a job — it’s a lifestyle. We work to become more fit, healthy, and happy in a relatable and fun way. And, just like our readers, we struggle with challenges along the way. It isn’t easy for us either, but we try our best to make one better choice at a time.
OUR PERKS (aka LIVING THE GREATIST LIFESTYLE):
As #1 says above, we really do live the life we champion. So the "perks" (or, really, "realities") for full time team members include:
- Every other Friday, the Greatist Team gets together for a sweet fitness activity (past activities have included: Krav Maga at The Krav Maga Academy, Rock Climbing at Brooklyn Boulders, Refine Method, Meditation with Relax Already Yoga, Muay Thai at Evolution Muay Thai and more).
- Everyone gets free gym memberships & going to the gym during the day is outrageously encouraged. Power naps too (in our Zen Room), if you need 'em.
- Every day, we've got a healthy lunch included at the office (plus a full kitchen). We've also got mad snacks, from KIND bars and trail mix to apples and bananas.
- Every few weeks, we attend a class/seminar/training session on something new (from cooking to biology) from top experts in the city.
- Transportation costs (at least monthly metrocards) are reimbursed.
- We hook you up with access to the amazing Sherpaa.
- You get 1 bad "greatist" pun per day. Then, for every extra one, you've got to add money to our ice cream piggy bank/liquor fund. It's a small price to pay for puns.
- Your time is yours — there are no set hours. There's no vacation policy either. We know you're going to get what you need done & then some because, if not, why else would you be here?
- And that's just for starters!
Greatist is your trusted resource for all things fitness, health, and happiness. Launched in April 2011, we're now at nearly 3 million unique visitors per month and climbing fast. We’re working full-speed on disrupting the health & fitness space with what we believe is among the highest-quality content online, covering only what’s genuinely helpful, truly factual, & actually need-to-know. We are currently working on similarly high-quality, simple, and valuable products, tools, and services that will help meet our mission. We believe everyone has a choice to be more fit, healthy, and happy— and together, we want to inspire and inform the world to make one healthier choice a week. We're a small, focused, creative, and talented group of people, but we know we need help to make a real difference in the world. Maybe yours! Almost all positions are based in our offices in New York City near Madison Square Park.
The Opportunity: Greatist is hiring a kick-ass associate editor, someone who cares about fitness, health, and happiness is ready to hustle. We want someone who can find and write stories on a tight deadline and is pumped to take on research-heavy features. We're a scrappy, social startup and we're looking for someone who wants to be a part of something bigger, wants to have a voice, and wants to have a lot of fun. Social is baked into what we do, we expect our perfect associate editor to have an online presence.
The Details: This position is based in New York. Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in a news room, but hey, surprise us. The position offers a startup competitive salary, dependant on experience. Also, have you checked out our perks? Seriously, check out our perks.
Interested? Great! To apply, send (a) your resume (b) a reason why (or if) reddit is impacting the health space right here.
The Opportunity: Passionate about health & fitness? Awesome, creative, and funny? Want to inspire and inform tens of thousands of readers every day? We're looking for writers whose heads hurt from vigorously nodding “yes” to all of the above.
Ideally, we want awesome writers who are passionate about health and fitness. A heavy research background helps, too. Greatist is growing fast, so we need smart, enthusiastic Contributing Writers to grow with us as we work to produce the web’s most interesting, high-quality health & wellness content.
The Details: This position is remote (we even have a writer in South Korea!) and part-time. We expect a minimum amount of two stories each month. Though we offer exposure, visibility, experience, dreams, and jokes, this position is unpaid.
Interested? If you’re passionate about this space, love to write, and want to help change the world of health & fitness, please send (a) your resume and (b) your favorite health and fitness tip (and why it’s your favorite!) here. Our application process is pretty intense (less than 2% of applicants become Contributing Writers), so just make sure you're ready (for this jelly).
Editorial InternshiP (FALL)
The Opportunity: Greatist.com is the web’s most trusted resource on all things fitness, health, and happiness. We publish articles and tips that help readers make healthier choices every day. We’re looking for an intern with substantial online journalism experience, who’s interested in uncovering the latest and most exciting news in health and fitness.
The Details: Want to reach tens of thousands of readers every day? This position is unpaid, BUT the right candidate will get plenty of bylines and a ton of writing and reporting experience. The intern will have a chance to pitch news stories, interview researchers, and write several articles a week. It is based in NYC out of our Manhattan office.
Interested? If you love to write and want to help change the world of health and fitness, please send (a) your resume, (b) your favorite health & fitness tip (and why it’s your favorite!), and (c) two writing samples to here.